Medical entomologist Bart Knols of the University of Amsterdam worries that surprises such as the releases in Grand Cayman and Malaysia may erode public trust and provide anti-GM groups with ammunition.
Helen Wallace of the advocacy group GeneWatch UK says the lack of communication does little to instill confidence in Oxitec.
- CAP and SAM deplore lack of transparency on release of GM mosquitoes
- CAP and SAM: Revoke approval for field trial of GM mosquitoes
- Risk Assessment of Malaysia’s GM Aedes mosquito planned release is incomplete and lacks transparency, says GeneWatch UK
- An Open Letter to the Government from Malaysian NGOs on genetically engineered Aedes aegypti mosquitoes
- Obtain Prior Informed Consent from inhabitants in GM mosquito release sites
- CAP & SAM Memorandum to the Government on Malaysia’s GM Aedes mosquito planned release
- 10 things you should know about GM mosquitoes