- To educate consumers, balance consumer needs and degree of protection and to provide relevant consumer rights and entitlements.
- To advice individual consumers and protect their rights.
- To ensure prices of goods are fair and appropriate with relevance to its quality and value.
- To work with the existing laws in order to protect consumer’s interest and general health.
- To encourage the involvement of society and citizens (consumers) in the consideration, standardization and basic provision of their rights.
- To work towards ensuring production of high quality products.
- To study the fluctuations in the market with regards to the factors affecting it, and to advice or make suggestions to the ministry and organizations involved in the business and commercial sectors.
- To carry out activities such as the publication of bulletins and ceiling price lists, as well as forming market organizations and consumer clubs.