Drinking enough water each day is crucial for many reasons: to regulate body temperature, keep joints lubricated, prevent infections, deliver nutrients to cells, and keep organs functioning properly. Being well-hydrated also improves sleep quality, cognition, and mood; and is essential for proper digestion and helps prevent constipation.

Although 80% of your daily water intake usually comes from beverages, the other 20% usually comes from foods.  Foods that typically provide the highest water content are raw fruits and vegetables. Eating a diet heavy in produce is a good way to give the body vitamins, minerals and fibre while increasing your daily water intake.

Many vegetables & fruits have a high water content, making them an excellent source of hydration during hot months.