With every dust of talcum powder you put on your body, you deposit potentially dangerous and unsafe substances. Make your own “bedak sejuk” which is not only free from harmful chemicals but also produces a cooling and soothing effect on the skin.
How to make bedak sejuk:
1. Grind 3kg of rice to powder.
2. Soak it in water perfumed with natural fragrance such as bunga cempaka, jasmine or pandan leaves for 3 months.
3. Change the water regularly.
4. When the solution thickens, pour away the excess water on top.
5. Then pour the thickened paste on a piece of muslin and dry it in the sun.
The rough lumps formed when dry, is your bedak sejuk. Store them in bottles and they will last for ages.
How to use?
To use the bedak, mix the lumps with a little water until it forms a paste. Spread it all over your face, neck and shoulders. You will feel the cooling effect almost immediately.