Where to Seek Help for Domestic Violence

Image via Psychologs

If you or someone you know is experiencing domestic violence, seek help right away, advises Women, Family and Community Development Minister Datuk Seri Nancy Shukri.

Here’s what you can do.

>  Call the 24-hour Talian Kasih helpline at 15999 or Whatsapp 019-261 5999 to report any cases of domestic violence.

>  You can also apply for an emergency protection order (EPO) through your nearest Jabatan Kebajikan Masyarakat office to make sure your abuser keeps their distance.

>  Contact the police to get an interim protection order (IPO) to keep you safe.

Source: Star (20 April 2024)